“If you can imagine it – we can build it!”
Kent Sectional Buildings have been building high quality garden buildings since 1958
We remain a family business and pride ourselves on offering a highly professional and personal service to all our customers. (You can read some of their testimonials here)
You can imagine that after 50 years in this business we have a wealth of experience, so in most cases you are able to order buildings to your specification, from a shed to a garden studio to a garage.
You are assured of quality when you order from KSB.
In fact, you will find examples of our buildings throughout Kent, including the following areas:
Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Margate, Ramsgate, Folkestone, Dover, Hythe, Faversham, Sittingbourne, Ashford, Maidstone, Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Dartford, Bromley … and many villages and towns in between and even as far as France!
So if you have something in mind, why not stroll around our large display site on the A28 Ashford Road to your heart’s content and, when you’ve got an idea of what you’d like, simply call us on 01227 738374 or pop down the road to our main office and workshop in Chartham – we’re open from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm on Saturdays.
If you have something really specific in mind, or you’d like some personal advice, you have 3 options:
- Pop in and see us for a friendly chat
2. Give us a call on 01227 738374 or
3. Ask us for an on-site survey
You can even ask us for an estimate based on your drawings or plans.
Our workmanship and quality of materials mean that our buildings last a long time and they look good. It is – we imagine – a key reason why we’ve been around since 1958!
Now, one question we do get asked a lot is:
Will I need planning permission?
Our answer: Not usually. This applies to sheds, greenhouses, conservatories and other buildings, as long as…
1) The ground area covered by the shed/greenhouse/building and any other buildings within the boundary of the property, excluding the original house, is not more than half the total area of the property and the floor area does not exceed 15 sq meters.
2) No part of the shed / greenhouse / building is in front of the principal or side elevation of the original house that faces onto a road.The maximum height of the shed / greenhouse / building is 4 metres.
3) The maximum eaves height of the shed / greenhouse / building is 2.5 metres if it is within 2 metres of the property boundary and is within 3.5 metres of the boundary with a road to the rear of the house.
4) If you live in a property within a World Heritage Site, an area of outstanding natural beauty or a National Park the maximum total area of ground covered by buildings, enclosures and pools situated more than 20 metres from any wall of the house must not exceed 10 square metres and the building is not situated between the principal or side elevation of the house and its boundary.
5) If you live in a house which is a listed building, it is likely that you will need Listed Building Consent for any building operations.
If you do happen to need planning permission for your building, we are happy to provide drawings that show all relevant elevations however they are not scaled architect plans.
You are reminded that it’s your responsibility to clarify and confirm planning permission consent or building regulations approval if required.
Also, if there are any restrictions to proposed sites for delivery and construction of building sections.
If needed, we can ensure your buildings are made to a maximum of 2.5m if regulation dictates.
You are buying a well-made, quality outbuilding. Our experience means we can recommend certain building products with confidence because we know they do exactly what they say on the tin.
Therefore we only endorse Sadolin as a wood treatment product.
(If you choose to use another product this may invalidate your warranty)
You may have already looked around at other options…
Why wouldn’t you? However, we can only say that whereas so many products are standard, mainstream and seem to fail within a relatively short space of time, our clients keep choosing us because they know their shed or outbuilding will not only look good but will last for a long long time.
But don’t just take our word for it, here are some testimonials from our happy clients over the past 62 years.
When you’ve read those, get in touch, we’d love to hear what you have in mind and make it come true for you.
Remember…”If you can imagine it, we can build it”
01227 738374 or visit our show site or main office & workshop