Will I need planning permission?

Will I need planning permission? 

Not usually. This applies to sheds, greenhouses, conservatories and other buildings as long as…

1) The ground area covered by the shed/greenhouse/building and any other buildings within the boundary of the property, excluding the original house, is not more than half the total area of the property and the floor area does not exceed 15 sq meters

2) No part of the shed / greenhouse / building is in front of the principal or side elevation of the original house that faces onto a road.The maximum height of the shed / greenhouse / building is 4 metres. 

3) The maximum eaves height of the shed / greenhouse / building is 2.5 metres if it is within 2 metres of the property boundary and is within 3.5 metres of the boundary with a road to the rear of the house.

4) If you live in a property within a World Heritage Site, an area of outstanding natural beauty or a National Park the maximum total area of ground covered by buildings, enclosures and pools situated more than 20 metres from any wall of the house must not exceed 10 square metres and the building is not situated between the principal or side elevation of the house and its boundary

5) If you live in a house which is a listed building, it is likely that you will need Listed Building Consent for any building operations.

If you do happen to need planning permission for your building, we are happy to provide drawings that show all relevant elevations however they are not scaled architect plans. 

You are reminded that it’s your responsibility to clarify and confirm planning permission consent or building regulations approval if required. 

Also, if there are any restrictions to proposed sites for delivery and construction of building sections. 

If needed, we can ensure your buildings are made to a maximum of 2.5m if regulation dictates.

If you have any questions at all re planning permission, please call us and ask – our number is 01227 738 374 or email info@kentsectional.co.uk